May 7, 2020 @ 4:00PM — May 20, 2020 @ 5:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This is to register for the 2020 Caminul Felix Orphanage Home Build in Oradea, Romania from May 7-20th, 2020. A non refundable $250 deposit is required to hold your spot.
The total cost for volunteer participation is $1000 USD (including the $250 deposit). Each volunteer also commits to raising an additional $1000 USD for the construction costs of the project. Volunteers are expected to reach this target by the start date of the trip and will be required to self-fund any shortfall in donations.
Our preliminary schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, May 7th - Team arrives in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Group dinner & introductions.
- Friday, May 8th - Tour of Cluj focusing on culture, art and history
- Saturday, May 9th - Tour of Salina Turda Salt Mine and tour of La Creme Winery (wine tasting not included but you will be given free time)
- Sunday, May 10th - Tour of Zalau History Museum & Porolissum Archaeological site. After lunch, drive to Oradea. Dinner & introductions with families in Caminul Felix.
- Monday through Friday, May 11-15th - Team works on site. Lunches and dinners will be at CF with the families. One day mid week we will stop work early for the team to spend some time at the Baile Felix Thermal Baths.
- Saturday & Sunday, May 16-17th - Team has a free weekend. You can participate in group activities with the children in CF, or visit a number of local sites around the area. Suggestions will be offered for visiting local sites.
- Monday & Tuesday, May 18-19th - Team works on site. Lunches and dinners will be at CF with the families.
- Wednesday, May 20th - Team says goodbye, airport transfers. You may leave from Cluj-Napoca or Budapest, Hungary (both are 2-3 hour drives from Oradea)